Adoption Grants & Interest Free Loans
- ABBAFund – Adoption Assistance for Christian Families, ABBAFund prayerfully seeks adoptive families who have obviously been called by God and have spiritually prepared for the journey.
- A Child Waits Foundation – a resource for international adoption financing for those seeking adoption loans and grants. They provide low interest adoption loans and grants for families who have exhausted other financial options and could not proceed with their adoption without help.
- Lifesong for Orphans – helps couples bridge the financial barrier of adoption, Lifesong offers adoption grants, interest free loans and funding solutions.
- Show Hope – providing financial grants to adoptive families so that waiting orphans can have a loving home.
- Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption – provides adoption grants to help increase the number of adoptions of children in foster care.
- The Sparrow Fund – an organization committed to encouraging and supporting families in the adventure of adoption by providing training opportunities as well as grants to families in financial need.
Adopting a child is a joyful event not only for you but for family and friends too. When you start a donation page the whole village can contribute emotional and financial support during the adoption process. Start a fundraising page as a way to help cover any out-of-pocket expenses associated with adoption.
These websites allow you to simply put your story out there so that friends, family, and even folks that don’t know you, will see your desire to adopt. They will better understand how expensive it is, and they will see how to give generously so you can build your family through adoption.
People like to donate to a great cause – and they love to feel that they are a part of something bigger. And building your family through adoption is big!
- PureCharity.com – They partner with over 1,000 retailers including Target, Babies ‘R Us, Walmart, Diapers.com, Forever 21, Priceline, Lowe’s and MANY more who can help you fund your adoption. The Pure Charity Rewards Network lets your friends and family shop online at their favorite retailers and a portion of the purchase price is deposited into their Pure Charity account. That is money that can then be donated toward your fundraiser. It costs nothing extra!
- YouCaring.com – To help pay for adoption expenses, they allow individuals to create customizable adoption fundraising pages to get help from friends and family around the world. They have a special page for Adoption Fundraising that helps get you started.
- AdoptTogether.org – They are a non-profit funding platform helping families raise money to pay for adoption costs. Once family and friends have made a tax deductible designated gift, they step in with the goal of either matching or exceeding that amount. When registering as an adopting family, you complete a brief online profile and upload your adoption homestudy to AdoptTogether. Once confirmed as a prospective adopting family, your profile is made available to generous supporters for encouragement and designated gifts.
- GoFundMe.com – This is a super easy to use crowd-funding site that will help you get others to donate to your adoption journey. Here’s how it works:
1. Create your site (tell your story).
2. Share with friends – they give you special tools that make it easy.
3. Collect online donations in real-time.
4. Track visits and donations.
While it’s free to launch your GoFundMe campaign, they have processing fees (about 8%) that are deducted from each payment.
For more resources on how to fund your adoption, check out these links:
- Adopt Without Debt – Julie Gumm shares how to find extra money in your budget, apply for grants and fundraise. Over $80,000 of adoption fundraiser ideas from 30 adoptive families.
- Walking By the Way – The Ultimate List of Adoption Fundraisers
- Adopt Without Debt: Creative Ways to Cover the Cost of Adoption, by Julie Gumm
- How to Fund Your Adoption Without Debt – an interview with author and speaker Julie Gumm