Even 143 years after passage of the 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and 60 years after Article 4 of the U.N.’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights which banned slavery and the slave trade worldwide, there are still more slaves than at any time in human history — over 27 million.
Human trafficking deviates from our historic view of slavery, making it hard to conceptualize. But ultimately, slavery today and slavery 200 years ago share the same notion: that one person’s life, liberty and fortune can be under the absolute control of another, and be sold, bought, or used at the will of the owner.
In partnership with other churches, and Christians in anti-trafficking ministries, True Hope is taking action to end human trafficking. We do this through AWARENESS, PREVENTION, and IMPACT OPPORTUNITIES.
For information and opportunities to get involved, please contact Nick at 952.469.6242.
For community information visit traffickingjustice.com.
If you suspect someone is being trafficked, get to a safe place and call 911 or call the National Human Trafficking hotline 24/7 at 1.888.373.7888.
Sources for additional information:
- EFCA video
- Department of Homeland Security
- Minnesota Human Trafficking Task Force
- International Justice Mission (IJM)
- Minnesota Family Council
- Polaris Project
- Shared Hope International – List of trafficking warning signs
- Focus on the Family – “Sex-trafficking – a Christian Perspective”
- Focus on the Family – Pornography
- Focus on the Family – Teens and technology
- Focus on the Family – When children view pornography